Camden's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, December 6, 2008

    What's Your Sign?

    Camden's vocabulary continues to grow, both verbally and physically. He's really good at letting us know what he needs, whether it's by hand or mouth. At daycare, they work a lot with the kids on sign language. When he wants more of something he signs "more" by pointing his index finger to the palm of his hand. Or he'll sign "please" by rubbing his belly. Or "help" by patting his chest. He signs for milk by squeezing his hands together as if milking a cow.

    His current vocabulary includes words such as:
    • "ba-naaa-na" (banana)
    • "bah-ble" (bubble)
    • "bow bear" (for his book "Brown Bear")
    • "da!-deee" (daddy)
    • "papa" (he says this when he sees Grandpa Sindt)
    • "mama" (mommy)
    • "moo" (moo)
    • "dah!" (done)
    He's said a couple of other random things that he hasn't repeated again, but funny nonetheless. On the day of the Michigan game (11/23/2008) Camden came up to me and said "Go Buck!" I was on the phone with a friend of mine and he said, "Did he just say what I think he said?"

    Another time I came home from work and Camden comes to the top of the stairs to greet me by saying "Yer back!" Kim and I looked at each other in amazement and just laughed.

    Camden texts his friends :)


    No comments: