Camden's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 18, 2007

    Daddy Returns to Work

    I returned to work today for the first time since Camden entered our lives. It was tough leaving Camden this morning, but it wasn't as hard to be at work as I thought it might be. I knew that I would be coming home at lunch and could visit with him then.

    When I arrived at work this morning, I was greeted by five gift bags from my co-workers. Quite unbelievable. Well, not really if you know the people I work with. My team at Cargill has to be some of the most caring people I know. What more would you expect from a group of touchy-feely, HR, learning and development people :) The gifts are more than we would ever expect, but very much appreciated. Kim is excited for when Camden is big enough to fit into some of the outfits and I look forward to when he can begin to comprehend the children's books.

    Not sure Camden knew I was gone today or not, but when I got home for lunch he was wide awake and full of smiles. It definitely made his Daddy happy to see him alert and see him having happy times. We've also learned to recognize what Kim and I affectionately call his "poo" face (pictured). It's the face he makes when he's....well, the name speaks for itself. We haven't been able to decipher if the "poo" face means he's doing #1 or #2 yet.

    I went back to work after lunch and went about my day. It wasn't as bad being back at work as I thought. Not that my work is all that bad, but I thought being away from Camden maybe harder than it was. It was nice to get back into the swing of things again and resume what Kim and I refer to as our "new normal" lives.

    Kim is doing great and seems to be recovering nicely. Having my parents around has been a huge help. My mom made a great dinner tonight for us and our friends Megan and Vinh (pictured left). Megan is an avid reader and will have to call her co-workers into her office to show them she made the blog.

    Obviously as first time parents we take lots of pictures. The digital age makes snapping pictures so easy doesn't it?! As my co-worker Fernanda says, "Your camera won't be able to keep up with the cute". Well, we're doing our best and remember that you can always view more Camden photos by clicking "Camden's Photo Gallery" link on the left side of the page. In the meantime, here are some more pictures of the star of this site...


    Camden practicing his O-H-I-O.


    Momma's boy.


    Camden doing what he does best. Sleeping.


    Camden doing what he does 2nd best. "Pooing."

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.